Just in time for the holdiays, our lovely Fan Ornament Pattern! This listing is for an Instant download of our Fan Ornament Pattern. Pattern will be delivered to your in box upon receipt of payment.
Digital Fan Ornament Pattern
Treat yourself or a friend to this lovely fan ornament smocking pattern. Pattern is designed for the beginning smocker, or will be a quick and fun treat for the more experienced smocker. Pattern uses only the basic smocking stitches and includes step by step photos and directions for each of those stitches. Finishing of the fan is simple. There is no need to fit around a styrafoam ball as with so many smocked ornaments! This design is also available as a kit in the pink or red colorways.
- A 3 inch by 30 inch piece of fabric. Imperial Broadcloth or good quality quilting cotton is recommended.
- A 30 inch piece of ¼ inch wide cotton lace.
- 3 colors of floss
- Number 7 Darner Needle (long needle with long eye)
- A 6 inch piece of ribbon (1/8 or ¼ inch wide) for hanging the ornament.
- A 5 x 7 inch piece of felt that matches the fabric.
Also Needed: A Pleater or iron on dots to pleat the fabric (kit comes with pre-pleated fabric). Basic sewing supplies such as pins, fabric shears, washout marker, thread to match the main fabric, and your sewing machine to attach lace.