The May Garden Smocked Skirt kit comes with:
- the printed pattern and directions,
- 1 3/4 yards or 2 1/8 yards (depending on size chosen) of the main fabric in two pieces (the smocked skirt piece and the remaining yardarge to make the dress,
- contrasting fabric for the neckband and waist piping,
- piping cord for the waist,
- coordinating Floss for smocking,
- smocking needle, and
- 3 decorative buttons for the front.
May Garden Smocked Skirt Kit
May Garden is a pull over sleeveless knit dress or jumper in sizes 3-12. Sized close enough to the body to be worn as a sleeveless dress; it also has enough ease to allow for a blouse or turtleneck to be worn under it in cooler weather. May Garden comes with 2 bodice neck variations; a boat neck (View A) and a scoop neck (View B). The skirt of May Garden may be smocked or gathered. The skirt of May Garden is specifically sized to be smocked with knits. The pattern includes directions on how to sew the pattern with and without a serger. A smocking plate and directions are included as well as step by step directions and photos of each of the smocking stitches. May Garden is also available as a printed pattern, a PDF download pattern, and a kit for the gathered version.