Basic sewing supplies such as all purpose thread, and embroidery scissors are needed to construct the block. Small applique pins are extremely helpful. To finish as a pillow as pictured, cording and a pillow form will also be needed.
Paper Doll Sail Away Quilt or Pillow Kit
Make a Quilt or Pillow with this wonderful Sail Away Quilt Block kit. The kit comes with all the supplies needed to create the Sail Away design pictured. The pattern is one of the patterns in the Paper Doll Series from Kreations by Karon, and is designed to enable you to make an heirloom quilt or pillow of meaningful memories. The entire block is sewn by hand - no sewing machine required! With small pieces, the block is quick to assemble. Embroidery stitches used include stem and running stitch. The finished block is 12" square.
- 14 x 14" white Kona Cotton background fabric
- Signals fabric for overalls and back of pillow
- French blue fabric for shirt and to cover cording (please note cording is not included)
- 2 mother of pearl buttons for shoulders
- 1 Skein of matching Embroidery Floss for embroidery
- #8 Embroidery Needle
- Bow Wow Pattern with complete directions to finish quilt block
- Sail Away Design
You will need all purpose sewing thread to match the overalls. Small applique pins are extremely helpful.