Basic sewing supplies such as all purpose thread, and embroidery scissors are needed to construct the block. If you wish to smock the dress, you will also need a pleater or iron on dots. Small applique pins are extremely helpful.
Paper Doll Quilt Carousel Quilt Kit
Make a Quilt or Pillow with this wonderful Carousel Quilt Block kit. The kit comes with all the supplies needed to create the Little Birdy design pictured. The pattern is one of the patterns in the Paper Doll Series from Kreations by Karon, and is designed to enable you to make an heirloom quilt of meaningful memories. The entire block is sewn by hand - no sewing machine required! With small pieces, the block is quick to assemble. The dress may be smocked or gathered. If smocking the dress, you will need a pleater or iron on dots. The finished block is 12" square.
- 14 x 14" white Kona Cotton background fabric
- Little Birdy Fabric for Dress
- Medallion contrasting fabric for collar and cuffs
- 2 Skeins of matching Embroidery Floss for smocking and embroidery
- # 7 Darner and #8 Embroidery Needles
- Carousel Pattern with complete directions to finish quilt block
If you wish to smock the dress, you will need a pleater or iron on dots. You will need white all purpose sewing thread. Small applique pins are extremely helpful.