Basic sewing supplies such as all purpose thread, and embroidery scissors are needed to construct the block. If you wish to smock the dress, you will also need a pleater or iron on dots. Small applique pins are extremely helpful.
Paper Doll Quilt Makenzie Quilt Kit
Make a Quilt or Pillow with this wonderful Makenzie Quilt Block kit. The kit comes with all the supplies needed to create the May Garden design pictured complete with pink contrasting hem and slip. The pattern is one of the patterns in the Paper Doll Series from Kreations by Karon, and is designed to enable you to make an heirloom quilt of meaningful memories. The entire block is sewn by hand - no sewing machine required! With small pieces, the block is quick to assemble. The dress may be smocked or gathered. If smocking the dress, you will need a pleater or iron on dots. Embroidery stitches used include feather, stem and bullions. The finished block is 12" square.
- 14 x 14" white Kona Cotton background fabric
- May Garden Fabric for dress
- Pink contrasting fabric for hem and slip
- French lace for trim
- 1 Skein of matching Embroidery Floss for smocking and embroidery
- # 7 Darner and #8 Embroidery Needles
- Makenzie Pattern with complete directions to finish quilt block
If you wish to smock the dress you will need a pleate or iron on dots. You will need all purpose sewing thread to match the dress. Small applique pins are extremely helpful.