Basic sewing supplies such as all purpose thread, and embroidery scissors are needed to construct the block. If you wish to smock the dresses, you will also need a pleater or iron on dots. Small applique pins are extremely helpful.
Paper Doll Quilt Kit
Make the Aqua Paper Doll Quilt! The kit comes with all the supplies needed to create the quilt design pictured except batting. The quilt uses patterns in the Paper Doll Series from Kreations by Karon, and is designed to enable you to make an heirloom quilt of meaningful memories. The blocks are sewn by hand. With small pieces, the blocks are quick to assemble. The dresses may be smocked or gathered. If smocking the dresses, you will need a pleater or iron on dots. Embroidery stitches used include feather, stem and bullions. Each block is 12" square. The finished quilt is approximately 30 x 30.
- 4 14 x 14" white Kona Cotton background fabric squares
- Fabric for dress the dresses
- Pink contrasting fabric for hem and slip of the May Garden dress
- French lace for trim
- Matching Embroidery Floss for smocking and embroidery
- # 7 Darner and #8 Embroidery Needles
- 1 1/2 yards Medallion Fabric for shashing, quilt back and binding
- Makenzie, Addyson and Carasoul Quilt Patterns with complete directions to finish quilt block.
If you wish to smock the dress you will need a pleate or iron on dots. You will need all purpose sewing thread to match the dress. Small applique pins are extremely helpful.