Sew a Simple Twirly Skirt!
Choose a woven fabric or a knit, add Smocking or keep it simple with Gathers.
This course will walk you through every step of the Construction process. Twirly Skirt can be made in sizes 3-12.
Twirly Skirt Construction Course
Let's Make a Twirly Skirt!
It's Easy, I promise!
Have you always wanted to sew for your daughter or granddaughter? Do you love to smock and would like to include it in your designs, but the child in your life needs simple everyday clothes? Twirly Skirt is a simple pull on and go skirt with an elastic back. It can be made in an easy care cotton knit, or a fun woven. This course will walk you through every aspect of the construction process. If you know how to smock, the bonus material will show you how to smock the skirt in the round should you choose to do so. This course does not teach how to smock, please see my Learn to Smock Course if you would like to learn.
- 24 lessons with detailed instruction walk you through every aspect of the construction process from picking out supplies to constructing the skirt.
- 22 videos demonstrate each step.
- Course includes instructions on how to smock in the round should you wish to smock both the front and the back of Twilry Skirt. (Course assumes you know the basics of smocking. Please see my Learn to Smock Course if you don't know how to smock and would like to learn.)
Coral Floral Knit
Blue Dottie Knit
Purple Craze Woven
Melon Floral Woven
See photos above for the different fabrics.
The kit comes with:
- Printed Twirly Skirt Pattern
- 1 3/4 yards fabric (enough to make the largest size) in two pieces, the pre-pleated skirt front and the remaining yardage to make the skirt.
- Coordinating flosses to smock the skirt
- Elastic for the waist
- Piping cord for the yoke seams
- Smocking needle